Please Gather the Following Applicable Documents:
- Your social security number and birthday
- Your spouse’s Social Security number and birthday (if married and filing joint)
- Social Security numbers and birthdays for any dependents
- Business name, address and EIN (if applicable)
- Your prior 2 years tax returns
- Copies of all tax notices received
Personal Tax Return Documentation Request List
- W-2 Forms from all employers you (and your spouse, if filing a joint return) worked for during the past tax year.
- 1099 Forms
- Investment income information (including: interest income, dividend income, proceeds from the sale of bonds or stocks, and income from foreign investments).
- Income from local and state tax refunds from the prior year
- Schedule(s) K-1, from partnerships, S-corporations, estates or trusts
- Unemployment income
- Rental property income
- Social Security benefits
- Miscellaneous income (including: jury duty, lottery and gambling winnings, Form 1099-MISC for prizes and awards, and Form 1099-MSA for distributions from medical savings accounts)
- Homebuyer tax credit
- Green energy credits
- IRA contributions
- Mortgage interest (Form 1098)
- Student loan interest
- Medical Savings Account (MSA) contributions
- Self-employed health insurance
- Moving expenses
- Legal documents pertaining to the close of sale or purchase of real property
- Ad Valorem Tax
- Home Office Information
Credits and Deductions
- Education costs
- Childcare costs
- Adoption costs
- Charitable contributions/donations
- Casualty and theft losses
- Qualified business expenses
- Medical expenses
- Job and moving expenses
Tax Preparation for Direct Deposit
- Your bank account number
- The bank’s routing number
Business Tax Return Document Request List
- Federal Tax Identification Number – Provide a copy of the IRS correspondence assigning a federal tax identification number to the business if possible
- Corporate Documents – If the business is incorporated, provide a copy of the incorporation documents showing the legal name, state of incorporation and date of incorporation.
- Prior year tax return – If the business has filed a tax return in the prior tax year, which was not prepared by Togba & Associates, LLC, please provide a copy of the federal and state tax returns filed for the business for the prior tax year.
- Income Statement & Balance Sheet – if you have not already prepared these documents yourself please forward banking access information or the year’s business bank statements so that these documents can be prepared.
- Assets – Listing of Assets purchased and when.
- Business Loan Information – Copy of bank or other statements showing any loan balances as of yearend and interest paid during the tax year.
- Partner/Shareholder Information – name, address social security and ownership percentage of all partners/shareholders (or statement that ownership is same as prior year)
- Ownership Changes – Statement about any changes to the ownership structure during the year (additions, withdrawals or other changes in owners or ownership percentage)
- Cash Receipts
- Form(s) 1099 (income received)
- Contractor/Employee payments made
- Tax Notices
- All other relevant documentation